Trust is Our Name
IRA Financial is a regulated self-directed Retirement Trust Company. Our Trust company’s focus on compliance and security is based on three principles:
FDIC protection of cash up to $250,000 through Capital One
A Name You Can Trust
IRA Financial Trust Company is a South Dakota state chartered custodian under 408(a)(2) and a bank custodian defined under 408(n) referenced therein. It is regulated and licensed by the South Dakota Division of Banking. All retirement funds sent to us are held securely at Capital One, with whom we have a relationship. The funds are FDIC protected up to $250,000 until invested.
As a non-fiduciary trust company, IRA Financial Trust must meet the capitalization, compliance, anti-money laundering, consumer protection, and cybersecurity requirements set forth by the South Dakota Division of Banking, and protect the interests of our customers first and foremost.
Expertise You Can Trust
Founded in 2010, IRA Financial has helped over 28,000 clients in all 50 states invest more than $4.6 billion in alternative assets. We have over 67 employees located in 5 states and are the fastest growing provider of self-directed retirement accounts in the country.
IRA Financial was founded by Adam Bergman, a tax attorney and author of 8 books on self-directed retirement plans. Adam is one of the most recognized voices in the self-directed retirement industry.
- We leverage the content-security policy (CSP) and HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) features found in modern browsers.
- We partner with enterprise vendors to mitigate distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
- Internal-only sections of our website have separate access controls and are not exposed to the public Internet.
- Multiple signatures are required to move funds.
- Client data is stored on cloud-based secure servers.
- Our offices do not store or contain anything of value, including any crypto private keys.
- All wires require a verbal authorization by the client.
- All employees undergo criminal and credit background checks and are subject to ongoing background checks throughout their employment.
Contact us with your questions.
If you have any questions or concerns about security or opening an account, please call us at 1-800-IRA-1043.