What to Expect
Checkbook-Controlled Self-Directed IRA
Here’s what to expect as you begin the process of setting up a Self-Directed IRA LLC with checkbook control, from submitting your application and funding your IRA to setting up your LLC and investing with your new plan.
The following timelines are based on standard non-expedited selection.
You can premium expedite (within 24 hours) for one or more processes ($200 each) or standard expedite (within 48 hours) for one or more processes ($75 each).
2. Once the application is complete and correct, an account number will be assigned within 3-5 additional business days. The account number will be emailed to you by email@example.com.
3. The transfer form will be submitted to the Transfer Department, or instructions to complete a Rollover or contribution will be emailed to you with your account number.
If you selected Rollover on your application, please contact your previous custodian to ask them to rollover or send funds to IRA Financial. Please complete a Deposit Form on our app and provide a current statement from the other custodian to accompany the incoming wire or check. The funds will be on hold until we receive them.
If you selected Contribution on your application, please send a deposit form when you wire funds or send a check to your IRA as a current year or previous year contribution.
Our Entities Department will begin establishing your LLC based on the 3 names you selected on your application. The process will start based on the following timelines:
1. If you selected transfer, our Entities Department will start after an account number is assigned.
2. If you selected rollover or contribution, our Entities Department will start when the account is funded or when it’s confirmed that funds are on the way.
3. If you add a credit card to the account to either charge the structure fee or just to guarantee payment, our Entities Department will start after account number is assigned.
Our Entities Department will send you the LLC Operating Agreement, LLC Articles, and LLC EIN number. We will ask you to sign the LLC Operating Agreement and return it back to us.
See your state’s annual fees for LLCs.
Complete Care Checking Account
Regular Checking Account
Local Bank Account
- After you are notified that your new Self-Directed IRA account has been funded, please complete the Investment Authorization form on our app to enter your LLC bank account information and funding instructions so IRA Financial can fund your investment.
- In order to send the funds to your LLC, our Investment Department will need the Investment Authorization, Prohibited Transaction Questionnaire, Checkbook IRA LLC Agreement, and Wire Request (if wiring to local bank) forms.
- Compliance will review the investment information within 3-5 business days of receiving it. IRA Financial will then either send the paperwork to our Capital One specialist to open your account or wait for confirmation that a local bank account has been opened.
- An IRA Financial team member will call for verbal verification before we send the funds. The number will come from a 605 area code.
- The IRA investment is funded.