What to Expect
Custodian-Controlled Self-Directed IRA
Submit your application on our app
- The application will go into a queue to be reviewed. A new account specialist will call you within 3-5 business days if items are missing, filled out incorrectly, or need further follow up.
- Once the application is complete and correct, an account number will be assigned within 3-5 additional business days. The account number will be emailed to you by firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The transfer form will be submitted to the Transfer Department, or instructions to complete a Rollover or contribution will be emailed to you with your account number.
Fund your IRA
If you selected Rollover on your application, please contact your previous custodian to ask them to rollover or send funds to IRA Financial. Please complete a Deposit Form on our app and provide a current statement from the other custodian to accompany the incoming wire or check. The funds will be on hold until we receive them.
If you selected Contribution on your application, please send a deposit form when you wire funds or send a check to your IRA as a current year or previous year contribution.
Invest your IRA funds
- After you are notified that your new Self-Directed IRA account has been funded, upload your investment documentation through our app. If additional paperwork is needed, we will contact you.
- Complete the Investment Authorization Form through our app to enter the investment information and funding instructions so that IRA Financial can fund your investment. Compliance will review the investment information within 3-5 business days of receiving it.
- An IRA Financial team member will call for verbal verification before we send the funds. The number will come from a 605 area code.
- The IRA investment is funded.