What to Expect
Custodian-Controlled Self-Directed IRA
The following timelines are based on standard non-expedited selection.
You can premium expedite (within 24 hours) for one or more processes ($200 each) or standard expedite (within 48 hours) for one or more processes ($75 each).
2. Once the application is complete and correct, an account number will be assigned within 3-5 additional business days. The account number will be emailed to you by email@example.com.
3. The transfer form will be submitted to the Transfer Department, or instructions to complete a Rollover or contribution will be emailed to you with your account number.
If you selected Contribution on your application, please send a deposit form when you wire funds or send a check to your IRA as a current year or previous year contribution.
- After you are notified that your new Self-Directed IRA account has been funded, upload your investment documentation through our app. If additional paperwork is needed, we will contact you.
- Complete the Investment Authorization Form through our app to enter the investment information and funding instructions so that IRA Financial can fund your investment. Compliance will review the investment information within 3-5 business days of receiving it.
- An IRA Financial team member will call for verbal verification before we send the funds. The number will come from a 605 area code.
- The IRA investment is funded.
The following documents are needed depending on the type of investment
- Purchase Agreement – The purchaser is going to read IRA Financial Trust Company CFBO John Smith. You do not sign this agreement. A Corporate Alt Signer from IRA Financial Trust Company will sign on behalf of your IRA funding this investment.
- EIN number on IRS letterhead and Articles of Organization (Certificate of Formation) signed by the Secretary of State if the seller is an Entity. or
- A Copy of the Drivers License if the seller is an Individual.
- You will also need to complete a Make an Investment form on our app. Once logged in select Additional Documents > IRA Documents > Make an Investment.
**Once the property has been purchased, please provide us with a copy of the Deed of Trust.**